Welcome to 2015! Here we sit at the close of the first Monday of the NEW YEAR! Have you made and maybe even broken some of your “resolutions”??? I’ve been thinking a lot about the stress that we put on ourselves when we start piling on ALL THE RESOLUTIONS and ALL THE CHANGES all at once. One of the greatest things I’ve learned -from Nerd Fitness -is that in order to make lifelong changes you have to make small habits stick!
So this year I’m not going to make a list of impossible to keep resolutions. I’m going to make a list of what I want to do, make actionable plans to accomplish those goals and work each day to step closer to those goals. Now, don’t get me wrong, some will be quite lofty, but how else can we challenge ourselves if we don’t dream bigger than our fears or our boundaries.
Here is my list….
- Make notes for EVERYTHING
- Blog ideas
- Don’t stress out over food
- There are no “cheat” meals or days or any of that nonsense. I am not doing anything “wrong” when I choose to eat something not as healthy.
- Eat to fuel both my body and my mind. I will eat mindfully and conciously. I will not bully myself into feeling guilty over food choices.
- Stop trying to convince myself that I’m fat and need to lose weight.
- I run because I like running
- I eat the way I do because it makes me feel good.
- I don’t exercise to punish my body-
- I exercise because I love my body and I want it to carry me through many, many more years!
- BMI, Wii Fit, and the number on the scale do NOT determine my worth.
- I’m 6’1″ tall, 185-195 pounds and that is OK!!! I am beautiful and STRONG inside and out regardless of what those things say about me.
- Run more than I did in 2014
- I wanted to run 2014 miles in 2014 and I didn’t come close- only 288 miles for the year.
- My goal is to run approximately 170 miles per month.
- Make bedtime and working out a priority
- Blog 1x/week or more.
- Make blogging a priority. It makes me happy.
- Be a better communicator.
- Reach out to family and friends to stay in touch
- LISTEN actively in conversations. Don’t just wait for my turn to talk.
- Work on NOT interrupting. The person talking to me deserves my full attention.
- Get out of debt
- Keep working with my Snowball debt reduction plan.
- Don’t spend needlessly.
- Stop procrastinating (like I did on writing this post!)
- Break down big projects into smaller more manageable tasks.
- Learn to say no
- Make family time a priority.
- Give the kids my undivided attention as often as I can.
- Find ways to create “US time” for me & J.
- Learn to STOP
- I don’t have to be going nonstop to be a good mom or wife.
- Taking time to renew and be present in my relationships is more important than housework.
- Laundry and dishes will always be there….Moments with the ones I love- I’ll never get them back. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.
This year I choose to make ME a priority and by doing that I truly believe that everyone and everything in my life will benefit.
–You can’t fill the glasses of the ones you love if your vase is empty–