Happy Monday friends! Boy it really feels like life is in a constant state of FAST FORWARD! I heard a phrase last week that really sums up how I’m feeling right now…
Days go slow, but years go fast
I don’t know if a truer statement has ever been spoken. Sometimes it feels like I can barely make it through the days and I blink and the whole year has passed. Here we are almost into the second month of 2018 and while it feels like the holidays were forever ago, this year is already passing too quickly.
Let’s review last week, shall we?
- Study during lunch and after work- no fuckin’ around on social media- this sorta happened. I had to run an errand Monday at lunch, and donated plasma during Thursday’s lunch. I did get quite a bit of homework/schoolwork done after work though. Still wasting too much time on social media though.
- Commit 30 minutes every night to Operation Valor tasks- I did manage to accomplish some work for the foundation, but not as much as I would have liked.
- Get up by 5 am for a run, cross-training or just extra studying/me time-WHY are mornings still such a struggle? I’ve been waking up without the alarm clock most days, but the idea of being active sends me right back under the covers.
- No fast food. This means plan. I’ll need to pick up groceries soon- Almost nailed this one! We did plan well for the week, but we hit up Chick-fil-A for breakfast on Thursday and Little J wanted Freddy’s for his birthday lunch. Worth EVERY single bite!
- Spend quality time with Little P every night. Reading, playing, dancing…doesn’t matter as long as she has my full attention- This was a success! Every single day, we did something, even if it was simply reviewing her homework!
- Up my water intake. I’ve been slacking with so much time at home- BOOM! Knocked this one out of the park this week!
This brings me to this week’s goals and as is my ongoing life trend, we’re going to try something a little different this week.
- Rather than plan to workout at 5am, I’m going to use this time to work on my school stuff. but not today-Monday- because it’s already almost bedtime and clearly 5am is long gone 😉
- Keep working on school stuff during lunch breaks with the exception of Thursday-donation day
- Pack a gym bag and run on the track at the elementary school or the path around the bayou after work and before little one gets picked up. This should give me about an hour of fresh air running.
- The idea here is to get some miles in OFF of the treadmill and energize me for the rest of the evening while giving me enough time to get some things done around the house and potentially sleep better.
- Two quizzes, one exam and a lab practical that includes me recording dissecting a sheep’s heart (GROSS!!!) for A&P II.
- Finish reading assignment for Psych. Already done with the assignment! Do I get bonus life points for that?
- No fast food. Plan and prep dinners and remember to pack my protein shakes for lunches. Gotta fuel those evening runs!
- Finish up the foundation project I’m working on so I don’t feel like such a slacker.
This post is already much longer than I anticipated so let me cut it off now before it turns into a novel!
I’m curious, what are some things you do to pump the breaks on this high speed life? What are you go to ways to slow down and enjoy the moments?