**This is NOT a sponsored post-it DOES contain affiliate links**
Texas Spartans REJOICE!!!
For years, if Texas OCR athletes wanted to attempt an Ultra Beast they had to travel far and wide, many miles from home. Through the tireless efforts of some VERY passionate folks, people who live, breathe and bleed OCRs…Spartan listened.
Everything is bigger and better in Texas and the Ultra Beast will give us the opportunity to prove it.
Welcome to Rough Creek Lodge, home of the 2011 Spartan World Championship. The familiar terrain of sprawling hunting grounds keeps Spartans coming back year after year. The terrain is both beautiful and an obstacle in itself — with cacti along the trail every step of the way, and amazing views. To get to those views though, you’ll have to conquer the hills utilized early and often. This course is also known to continuously throw the unexpected at racers, including double bucket carries and drastic temperature changes.
It is also the only venue that holds the Elite Heat Team Challenge with cash prizes, so round up three of your friends and experience obstacles designed specially for four-person teams.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. It is a proven venue that promises the unexpected —just because you’ve run it before means nothing. This course changes more than most established venues, always keeping you on your toes.
2. This is the only venue with the Elite Team Challenge. In addition to the individual obstacles, four-person obstacles are designed for teams to complete on the team-only marked sections of the course.
3. The on-site accommodations are excellent. Rough Creek Lodge has activities from zip lining, rock climbing, horseback riding and tomahawk throwing, to spas and golfing. Just make sure you book early!
4. A chance to get out of the city. The venue is far enough from Dallas that you will find more fresh air, cactus and rabbits, than honking horns and concrete buildings. With such little light pollution at the ranch, it has excellent star gazing.
5. Load up on those Trifectas. Texas is one of the few states with the opportunity to get one or more Trifectas without traveling outside of the state. Complete the Beast in Dallas and Super in Austin, with both venues also offering Sprints.
Before you sign up, might as well head on over and join thee Spartan Race Marriott Rewards program and get hooked up with 20% off races, free VIP bag check and $5 off Spartan gear at the races. Once enrolled, points are earned when you stay at any 4,500 participating hotels around the world.
As of today we have 192 days to ready your body, your mind and sharpen your will to endure 26+ miles and 50+ obstacles. I will be looking to feature workouts and tips from top level athletes. Who do YOU want training advice from? Comment and I’ll do my best!