The Weekly Chase #1

I’ve been at this blogging thing for a little while and finally, after 3 years shooting off posts blindly, I think I’ve finally come up with a semi-decent editorial calendar! I’ve been following Mindy Bobe at RoadRunner Girl for as long as I’ve been blogging and let me tell you, this girl…she’s amazing. She’s a teacher, a mom, a wife, a friend and a coffee lover 😉 She’s been an inspiration to follow! I can’t lie, she’s kind of the one who really solidified the whole blogging thing for me when she let me be one of her Spotlight Runners!
So now after years of following her, I’ve decided to go ahead and join her on what she calls her Weekly Chase.
Road Runner Girl
What is the Weekly Chase you ask? Quite simply it’s a weekly opportunity to review your goals from the last week, and set new goals for the upcoming week.
Since this is my very first installment I’m not going to worry about last week, I’m only going to focus on my goals for the rest of this week.

Since it’s already the end of the day Tuesday, I’m a little behind the 8 ball already so to speak , but I think I’ve got a good plan to finish out the week strong.

Here goes nothing:

1. Finish chapters 2 and 3 in my CPT course
  2. Attend 2 social events. The media tasting at Brick House and the Houston Bloggers Monthly Meeting
  3. Make an appointment for my oldest to get her physical for water polo
  4. RUN 40 miles by Sunday the 21st
  5. between 2/14 & 2/20

6. Increase my water intake back to 1 gallon a day

I think that’s a good start for my very first Weekly Chase.
I sure could use some encouragement and accountability, feel free to follow along.

What are your goals this week?

16 comments

1. lindsey says:

I enjoy the idea of weekly goals…I have monthly goals, but breaking it down a little more would be worth the time to stay on track and be accountable 🙂 I am going to look into this link up!

2. Shann Eva says:

I love breaking my goals down into smaller chunks like this. It helps me feel like I’m accomplishing more. I also have that goal to drink more water. I’m not sure if I can make it to a gallon, but I’m going to try.

3. Rachel says:

Hey Amanada,

I enjoyed your weekly list. But I threw my head back in shock at your running expectation. I’ve just started a twenty minute exercise routine that you out run. But I know I will stick with it. Its real for me. I can’t wait to hear next week that you knocked this out of the ball park.

Oh and I love that you attend monthly blogging meetings. That would certainly keep you on the ball and motivated.

You’ve given me a few ideas. Thanks.

Rachel.

• Amanda Medau says:

Rachel, YES, you can do it!!! When I started running I could barely run for 60 seconds without feeling winded and like I would die. The key for me was to build up gradually so I didn’t get hurt and quit.
      I hope to give you a positive report on those goals!!!

4. Sandy Mangis says:

Wow, run 40 miles by Sunday? I would drop. Also 1 gallon a day of water. Makes since if you were running 40 miles. I over did it on water in the past. Yes, you can over do it on water.

Good luck on your goals. I know weekly goals are so much better than monthly ones.

• Amanda Medau says:

I edited it to reflect a Sunday through Saturday goal since that’s how I generally look at a calendar lol!
      Last year when I ran the Houston marathon I drank entirely too much water and I felt ill for days after. I was trying to overcompensate for not drinking enough at the previous race. I felt worse drinking to much than I ever felt being dehydrated. It was awful!!!

5. Corina Ramos says:

Hi Amanda,

I need to take a page from your book and make personal goals like this. I’m so busy focused on goals for work that my personal goals take a back seat.

I can’t drink that much water but you’ve motivated me to try. I’m up to five 16.9 oz of water a day.

You go girl for running 40 miles…I can barely walk 2.5 mile, hehe. Man, I need to up my game.

Thanks for sharing hun. Good luck!

Cori

• Amanda Medau says:

Girl, I don’t know how you do what you do! You’re always hustlin’
      You are so close with the water already and besides, the average recommended is half your body weight is ounces so you’re probably drinking way more than you need already! 🙂
      Thanks for all you do, sweetie!!!! You’re a superstar!