Monster Jam and My Boy!

It’s that time of year again! My epic annual date with my boy- Monster Jam for his birthday!Mamas boy

We’ve been doing this every year for the last 6 years or so and I hope and pray that he wants to continue our yearly date forever!
With 4 kids and multiple responsibilities it’s not often that I get to have dedicated time with each kiddo, and as they grow older with their own schedules, these rare opportunities become increasingly more meaningful to me, and hopefully to them as well. 20160206_160853.jpg 20160206_160907.jpg 20160206_170341.jpg 20160206_170503.jpg 20160206_170557.jpg 20160206_172821.jpg 20160206_182848.jpg 20160206_193957.jpgWe had such a great time and I love spending time with this little goofball! We didn’t even mind sitting in the parking lot for over an HOUR after the show!

What are your favorite ways to spend time with your loved ones?
Do you have traditions that you follow year after year?

20 comments

1. Cynthia says:

Love this! My youngest would have loved Monster Jam a few years ago. Now, I’m not sure; things can be hit and miss with him now that he is getting older.
    Except for sports. He loves anything that gets him outside and playing. Fortunately, I am happy to do whatever I can with him. Next week, I’m dragging my non-snowboarding body to the hills to watch him snowboard.
    Visiting from the blog hop.

• Amanda Medau says:

How old are your kids? You’re doing something right as a mom if they want to be outside playing! Congrats mom, you rock!!!
      I’ve always wanted to try snowboarding, but I sucked so bad at skiing when I was younger, I’m scared to try! I hope you have a great time. I think the kids love it when they know we’re going out of our comfort zone to do something they like. I take one of my daughters to anime conventions, but if it isn’t StarWars or Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon, I don’t have a clue!

2. Shannon @GirlsGotSole says:

So awesome that you and your son have a birthday tradition like this! He will always remember these times with mom. I have never been to a monster jam before, but they do look kind of fun, if you have some earplugs in! I’m sure it gets quite loud. 🙂

• Amanda Medau says:

Monster Jam is a lot of fun! In Houston, it’s an indoor arena and they ALWAYS keep the roof closed so it does get really loud and depending where you sit, you can feel the vibrations of the trucks in your seat! THAT is a weird feeling!
      I’ve never made him wear earplugs so I hope I haven’t damaged his hearing!!!!

• Amanda Medau says:

Thank you so much. It’s becoming more difficult as they get older and more independent! They want to go off with their friends most of the time, so when I find something they like to do with me- I grab on tight and hang on!!!

3. GingerRachelle says:

My nephew loves Monster Jam. He’s been several times and loves it. I love to go to amusement parks with my family. Thankfully the whole family loves to ride rides so it’s always a great time.

• Amanda Medau says:

I’m a roller coaster girl too! I love amusement parks but since they shut down AstroWorld here, I haven’t really had the chance to take the kids, and I’m very nervous about traveling carnivals around here- they freak me out!!! You’ve given me a great idea for something to plan with them soon! Thank you!!!

4. Jenn @ Run With Sole says:

What an awesome date!! I have 3 kids and I fully understand how special and rare it is to have meaningful one-on-one time! I took my son to the monster truck show at the fair last year and he was just overwhelmed by the noise so we didn’t stay. But it is very cool to watch!! Glad to “meet” you through the blog hop!

5. Sarah says:

This is amazing! My son would love it! Although he might be a bit young for it, I’m sure he’d think it is cool. He went to a tractor pull once and that was a bit boring for him haha!

6. Sarah says:

I love that you’re spending time with your son in a place that matters so much to him. My son is also obsessed with monster trucks and cars of every variety – I’m actually looking forward to spending some time with him at these types of venues when he’s a bit older. Thanks for sharing!

7. lindsey says:

Monster trucks?! Where do I sign up?? That sounds like a great time and my little guy would probably go crazy at an event like that! With 4 kiddos, I could see how it would be difficult to make special time with each individually… I only have one and it can be funny sometimes making events happen! I hope to be able to start traditions with my little guy before too long 🙂

8. Diane @runninrocker says:

Four kids! That’s awesome. What a fun household you must have and I would guess, very little rest! That’s cool that you guys enjoy the Monster Jam tradition. A friend of ours does that just like you guys do…every single year in Vegas. We joined them 1 year and it was quite an experience. We all had a blast. One of the cars crashed into the stands which made the experience all the more exciting (no the area where people were sitting). Great meeting your though the blog hop. OH and great job on being a marathoner…I am still too chicken so my hat’s off to you!!