Yet another month has come and gone. Seriously, this year is moving faster than any year I remember in my life! Maybe it’s because the kids are doing so much…maybe it’s because I’m trying to do so much? I really couldn’t tell you, but it’s crazy! I feel like it was just January and we were figuring out what to do this year!
September was going to be the month I finally got my act together! I was going to run ALL THE MILES and stick to a schedule and accomplish everything I hoped to! That didn’t exactly pan out as I’d intended it to.
I ran a total of 113 miles. A far cry from the 300 I’d committed to, but nearly twice as many as I ran in August. Honestly, I can’t say that I didn’t realize what kind of time commitment that would take, but I wasn’t realistic in how much time I could legitimately devote to my running. I jumped in with both feet, but that kind of mileage coupled with my responsibilities just didn’t leave much room for living. I started to feel dread creeping in the thought of running and the very second that I realized that, I knew it was time to scale back! I love running and I never want it to feel like a chore.
My measurements are exactly the same. I’m not sure if I should celebrate that or be frustrated by it. It just seems to reinforce that my body is at a happy place weight-wise. It doesn’t seem to matter if I dial in my diet and workout more or slack off my workouts and make less healthy choices. I would just kind a like to know definitively if SOMETHING would make this crazy body of mine budge- preferably in the downward direction so I could go ahead and do that!
I was blessed to be able to attend the Blog Elevated conference in Dallas where I met a multitude of amazing bloggers and business women (men too) and made some new and hopefully lifelong friends.Since I’ve been back I’ve been trying to put into practice some of the amazing things I’ve learned. It’s still up in the air, but I’m making progress every day.
Some other September highlights: I finished my XOJO training and passed my test, so now I’m “certified” to be able to knowledgeably share with you the benefits of XOJO.
I am officially a Spartan Race Affiliate– This is great because now I can offer y’all discounts as well as make a little bit of money on the side. Also, I’m racing the Houston Sprint on March 12, so go on and click the link and save a little money and race with me!
Every penny helps as we work toward putting all the money away for the girls’ choir trip to Carnegie Hall next year.
I have a lot of blogging events coming up in October that I’m very excited to share with you. I’ll try to get them all up on the calendar in the Upcoming Events-Where You’ll Find Me tab in the menu bar!
I haven’t really given a lot of thought to too many concrete goals for October, but here’s a rough outline:
- Write everything down! I have great ideas, but often by the time I get a chance to sit down and blog, those thoughts are long gone!
- Work on an Editorial calendar. My posts are so sporadic. I want y’all to be able to count on posts that are at least kind of consistent!
- Create a Media Kit. I want to be able to let potential partners have easy access to my numbers and a reference for what they can expect.
- Work on a mission statement and vision statement. I can’t chart a course if I don’t know where I want to go.
- Keep my focus on healthy!
- Continue to eat well “most” of the time, enjoy everything in moderation
- Spartan training- keep running and incorporate Spartan workouts
- RELAX- I’m always go go go! I deserve to take some time out for me and do things that bring my heart peace and joy.
How are you spending your time these days?
What would you like to see future MommyGoRun posts about? Let me know in the comments and help me fill up that editorial calendar 😉